Thursday, February 19, 2009

Project 3: Layers, Cropping, Selections



This project was made using Layers. A real dollar was scanned and copied into Photoshop. I then made a copy of the dollar and turned off the visual eyeball in the Layers Pallete to hide it. A second photo, Joe, was opened in Photoshop. I used the Polygonal Lasso Tool to cut Joe’s head. I finished cutting his head using the Eraser Tool. I then used the Move Tool to move his head to the dollar, creating a new layer. The UAF Financial Services text was made using the Text Tool and applying the Layers Styles - Drop Shadow and Bevel and Emboss to the text. I replaced the L and B next to the numbers with Joe’s initials J and T. Joe’s signature replaces the Secretary of Treasury signature. Fairbanks, AK replaces Washington D.C. and This note is NOT legal tender replaces This note is LEGAL tender. Joe’s name and title replace the ONE DOLLAR. I had to Scale and Rotate Joe’s head to fit on Washington’s body. His photo was in color and the dollar was a money color. I cheated and used the Grey Scale to take out the color and blend together. The Eraser and Clone Stamp Tool were used for modifications. I then Flattened the layers and formatted the file into a jpg format. Joe was the Vice Chancellor for UAF Financial Services and is such a great guy, we voted him number one in our department, so it seemed appropriate to put him number one on the dollar bill.



No comments:

Post a Comment