Monday, March 2, 2009

Project 4: Line Art



Steps to Recreate:

1. Make copy of original jpg
2. Double width of the canvas: Image – Canvas Size
Turn on Relative checkbox
Change Unit of Measure to Percent
Width Value 100
Click top left Anchor Box
Canvas Extension Color White
Click OK

3. Select ‘halfZak’ with the Rectangular Marquee tool to include an outline edge, Clone the selection and move to the right. Flip horizontally using Free Transformation Tool. Nudge selection into place using Arrow Keys. Use the Fade command to ensure proper alignment of the two halves of ‘halfZak’. Edit – Fade – Mode – Darken – OK.
4.
Select Channels palette. Load the channel, using Ctrl Key, as a selection. Reverse selection, Select – Inverse, and make a new layer. Fill selection with Black. Select Background layer and fill with white.
5. Discard original Background layer. Lock Line Art and New Background Layer.
Creating a background layer of the original made it easier to line up the two copies and align them together, as the white background was not visible at the time, even though I specified it. I like to make background copies to use as back ups just incase I totally screw up.

Fills, Outlines, and Textures
I experimented with the Brushes Palette using various Presets. I was a little confused at first in how to bring up the Values Options for the selected Presets. In order to bring up the Scattering values for Scattering, I needed to Click on Scattering to view Options, DUH on my part! I selected Scattering and Color Dynamics. What a useful way to paint a picture and be able to blend colors. I created new layers and applied Pattern Fills to them. One layer is a Metal pattern scaled – 200 with Hard Light Opacity 30 %. The other layer is a Nebula pattern scaled – 150 with Darker Color Opacity 60%. I also Placed a jpg pattern I created in Illustrator and used that for the Line Art as displayed in two of the photos. This was a fun project and I found myself running out of time and wanting to play and experiment longer than I should. I definitely find this project useful in future projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment